Monday, September 7, 2009

Ipoh one day trip


Yesterday I went to Ipoh to meet up with my college mates from KL. Apparently not everyone is having holiday today so we make it a one day trip, well it's not like there's so many things to see in Ipoh anyway.

Hmm.. So here's a summary of what we did in Ipoh that day. We were starving already so wanted to go the 旧街厂 to have breakfast. The thing is, none of us know the way to it, so after petrolling the streets of Ipoh, we ended up having our breakfast at a random coffee shop with some decent crowd. Turns out the food there's not that bad at all!


Then, someone says, "Eh I heard 富山 is famous for their dim sum!" And off we go again.


Well dim sum taste pretty much the same to me so no comment here. So what's next on our itinerary? Gua Tempurung!!

I've been wanting to try out Gua Tempurung for quite some time, heard that you'll have to jump into water, crawl in bat shit and climb some rock!! Sounds fun eh? But, the bunch of us have never been very good at planning trips, so by the time we reach there, the water tour is already closed T-T. We had no choice but to go with what's left, the dry tour. Well with the dry tour, we get to.. ugh.. climb steps and... that's pretty much it. T-T again. Hell with it, since we're here already, might as well as squeeze some fun out of it! The cave is still beautiful and here's a few photos that we took.



Oh, my favourite photo of the day, though not in my best wardrobe XD

After that, we headed to another cave, 极乐洞, which is not very impressive, but here's a photo we took there anyway.

Lol, I was scratching my hand cos too many mosquito!

Now, here's what I've been looking forward to the whole day, the 盐焗鸡!! I tell you it's to die for!! Have always been a big fan of it!! Highly recommended!

So we bought one to share (which is so not enough!) and everyone ta bou (take away) at least one back home.

Now this place, there's no table for you to dine in, you can only ta bao, so where should we eat it?
Erm, we took the 盐焗鸡 to the 芽菜鸡's shop to eat! Haha geng or not? Anyway we ask the workers there first la, then suprisingly they're ok with it. We also odered their famous bean sprot chicken rice/noodles which Ipoh is famous for. Seriously I've been to Ipoh for quite a few times and tried the chicken every time, I still don't think that its that nice. My personal favourite, the Penang Greenhouse coffee shop's chicken (they have it at the chicken poridge stall) totally kicks Ipoh bean sprout chicken's ass! Well maybe it's just me, most of my friends love it anyway.

We called it a day after dinner and head home cos some have work today, not me though. XD


4 comments:

Kevin Chan said...

Man, I'm reading about all the food you had in Ipoh and it's making me waaaay hungry! My dad's from Ipoh so I've had lots of experience eating really good Ipoh food!

With all places, you really need to know where to go to get the best food in Ipoh!

Whitney said...

well next time maybe you should give me a tour then! i'll return the favour when you visit penang XD

JenKin Yat said...

you were the only girl? i guess your other girl frens arent as adventurous huh? :P

Whitney said...

yat, no la.. there's these 2 other girls that we used to hang out with, but they're in Liverpool now.. so left me only.. so sad...