Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Californication, wicked wicked show!

Not your average sitcoms from America. A friend of mine told me about this show earlier this year, Californication, and how I really really really need to watch it. It's HILARIOUS AND FREAKING MIND BLOWING!, he said.

So I went and bought both 1st and 2nd season from Prangin Mall, which is the place to go if you're looking for pirated DVDs. Of course there's one-stop and batu ferringhi but they don't have it in one-stop and batu ferringhi is just way too far plus I don't dare to drive there.

The story line revolves around this very talented writer Hank Moody, starring David Duchovny (Molder, the guy from X-File), who's dealing with his years long case of writers' block. He has a 12 year old daughter, Beca and is supposedly separated with his ex-girlfriend, Karen (whom he never got over). So he's basically trying to set a good example to Beca, get back together with Karen and write another bestselling novel. But he's not doing a pretty good job at that I tell you, what with the drugs, sex and alcohol. Watch the video and you'll get a rough idea. And let me tell you one thing, this video is already tuned down like 80%. You've gotta watch the real thing to get the full blown out of it!



What I really like about this show is the dialogue, all those hilarious, witty, smart ass and twisted dialogue they (mainly from Hank) have in a daily basis. I would really be tongue tied facing such a guy. But seriously, Hank Moody is totally the type of guy I would fall for, and so totally out of my league lol. Kudos to David Duchovny for an outstanding portray of this character, he actually won the Golden Globe for this role.

There's one particular scene in season 1 that is so... so.... so... lol no words can describe it I think. I was like slapping on my lap, covering my eyes and my mouth (to prevent my jaw from dropping) and thinking "no no no no, please I don't think I can watch this happen!". I'm not gonna waste my time describing what happened cos I don't think my writing is good enough to do it justice and I would just ruin it for you guys out there who's planning to go watch it after reading this.

I'm now half way through downloading season 2. I know I said earlier that I bought the DVD for season 2 but unfortunately, my dear BuiBui finds it very tasty and chew on it when no one's home! OMG BuiBui what have you done!! I came home wanting to start on season 2 and found her happily chewing away. I so wanna strangle her but she looked at me with her big innocent eyes, wagging her tails, not knowing the damages she'd caused, and my heart just melts. Haiz I can never be angry at them, that's why they're so naughty!

Anyway, warning before hand, this show contains one too many sex scenes and is not meant for minor and the faint hearted ones. If you find yourself falling under either category, please don't watch it (or at least do it discretely). ;D

Favourite quote from season 2, "Wrong place, wrong time, wrong VAGINA!!"

Ending this post with a very cute song, who my friend introduced me to.
Kantoi by Zee Avi.




Lurve always~*


3 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

interesting..
so far i love HIMYM! =D

kenwooi.com

Whitney said...

Oh I heard it's good! but never got around to watch it, will definitely find time for it!

Anonymous said...

wow!!!