Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Behind the scenes: Ipoh trip

There's a total of 7 people who went to the Ipoh trip, 2 from Penang and 5 from KL. :") So WC (the other guy from Penang) and I, drove down to Ipoh early morning to meet up with them. Actually I drove to Butterworth to pick him up and he took over from there.

Enjoying the sea breeze on the ferry, feeling damn good.

Before I go any further, there's one thing you all have to know about me. My driving skills sucks. I've only started to drive last year though I've got my license ages ago and I've never ventured out of Penang Island before. So I consider this to be a big step for me, driving to Butterworth and all. Oh and I'm very bad at directions, don't know the way to the bridge and it's too far from WC's place anyway, so it only made sense that I took the ferry instead of crossing the bridge. XD 30 minutes less of driving, yay!

Back to the story, so everything went well that morning and we reach there in good time. We had a great time the whole afternoon and enjoyed dinner blah blah blah, and before we knew it, it's time to head home.

So we went our separate ways again, WC and I in one car and the other 5 in another, driving off into different directions. Well of course WC drove from Ipoh to Butterworth, and before he got out of the car, I made him repeat like 10 thousand times how to go from his house to the jetty (it's like 5 minutes drive on the highway, but still!). WC knowing how good a driver I am, and particularly pointed out a cross road which has no traffic light, asking me to be more careful when crossing later. And I was like "ok ok, no prob!"

Repeating the directions to myself, I started my journey towards the jetty, a lil bit nervous I would say. I was so focus on the road, approaching the said cross road and suddenly my phone rang. It was my friend calling, damn! After hesitating for a second, I picked it up anyway.

"Hey, I'm driving now, can't talk."

"Eh, you're driving ar? Still haven't reach home?" duh.

"Yea, really can't talk now."

"Oh like that ar, call me when you reach home la." please will you let me go back to driving already?

"K" and I hanged the phone. (I'm normally not this rude but I was really nervous driving alone then, he caught me in a bad moment)

After hanging up, and got my focus back on the road, I realised I'm already half way across the cross road that I reminded myself to be careful about so many times!! I was like shit! And there's this motorcycle with 2 Indian on it heading towards me! Luckily they, who was paying attention on the road, unlike me, slowed down and didn't ran into my car and me.

Thank you God, for watching over me!!

I can vaguely hear them shouting and cursing at me at the back, but I was too in shock and scared to slowdown. I didn't hear any loud bang so i guess they didn't crash or anything (still got energy to curse me so should be fine).Cursing my ex all the way, I reached the jetty in one piece. And I called him back while queuing up waiting for the next ferry.

"OOooiii! Why did you call me?!"

"Har, you got into an accident ar?" Wtf sounds so casual somemore!

"No, but you almost made me kill 2 Indian."

"Haha, luckily you didn't lor."

@#$#$@#$@

After that, on the ferry and on the way home, I was feeling so so stress man. Damn I really was lucky I didn't hurt anyone or myself just now. It could've easily turn out otherwise.

Seriously people like me shouldn't be allowed to drive, no skills, low awareness, easily distracted. Haiz this is one thing that I'm really not good at. And I was so distracted that night that I forgot to lock the car and only to found out about it today, which is already 2 days later. It's not the first time that this has happened by the way (locking the car I mean, not nearly killing someone).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not so unreasonable. I know it's not my friend's fault at all, he was just worried about me and wanted to check if I've reached home safely.

Still pissed at him though.

Will say it anyways,
Lurve always~

p.s. would like to apologize to the general public who drove past me on that day, if I've caused you any inconvenience/physical pain, I never intend for it. For whatever it's worth.


5 comments:

Kevin Chan said...

Poor guy. Guess he just called at the wrong time. ):

Drive safely ya?

It's gonna really suck if you end up hurting anybody.

Whitney said...

will try to.. :) i drive very slow d.... average 40km/h haha XD

Donna said...

u are better than me though..
i get my license like 6 years, i think..
but I only drive like FIVE times during the 6 years..
and during the FIVE times, further distance is to stadium that near my house.. [walking distance = 40 minutes.. =____="]
hahahaha... ppl like us is wait ppl to fetch one.. ^_^
No need drive ourself.. ^_^

Whitney said...

ahaha yea I was like that, actually now most of the time also my friends fetch me one.. XD
but hey, gotta be independent some times ya!

CWKen said...

i can imagine how stressed I can be if I'm u instead